Links for open-access versions are given when available.
Recommended books/papers/lecture notes
- Lecture notes by John Preskill on Quantum Information Theory.
- Daniel A. Lidar, Todd A. Brun, Quantum Error Correction, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Lecture notes by Michael M. Wolf on Quantum Channels.
- The first proof of quantum advantage not relying on any oracle or complexity assumption:
Quantum advantage with shallow circuits – Bravyi, König, Gosset
- Valter Moretti, Spectral Theory and Quantum Mechanics, Springer, 2013.
- Roger A. Horn, Charles R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Martin Schottenloher, A Mathematical Introduction to Conformal Field Theory, Springer, 2008.
- If you are interested in string theory, this is a good book to get started:
Barton Zwiebach, A First Course in String Theory, Cambridge University Press, 2009.
Best undergraduate texts I can remember:
- Bramanti, Salsa, Pagani, Analisi Matematica 1 & 2, Zanichelli, 2008 (in Italian).
- Feynman, Feynman Lectures on Physics, 1964.
- David J. Griffiths, Introduction to Electrodynamics, Pearson, 2013 (4th edition).
- Sakurai, Napolitano, Modern Quantum Mechanics, Pearson, 1985.
- Rotondi, Pedroni, Pievatolo, Probabilità, Statistica e Simulazione, Springer, 2005 (in Italian).
- Scirate: useful platform to get an idea of the interest raised in the community by the most recent papers on arxiv.
- Quantum Algorithm Zoo
- QuaEC: Python library for Quantum Error Correction.
- IPE: very useful software for preparing presentations, combining the best of Latex and of a usual keynote app. Darren Strash has a nice tutorial to get started. You can also use it as a template (just put a white rectangle onto the KIT logo). Moreover, you can switch from manual to automatic page numbering installing the ipelet pagenumbers.
- Jabref: nice application to organise your scientific references.
- Texstudio: Latex editor.
Guide for Latex by Lorenzo Pantieri (in Italian).
- Articles that I published on some Italian magazines, based on the knowledge I collected after a month of internship in a greenhouse company (Kwekerji de Kabel) in Delft:
Netherlands, Saving Energy. This is the Problem. Pages 46-50 (in Italian).
In the Netherlands Growers as Brokers (in Italian).